Dooroy Lodge self catering
Co-ordinates: 53.524893 -9.364416
• The extensive gardens are
off road so are the ideal area for children to play
• Use of the owners Private Boat house & Pier with Boat & engine available
• “Dooroy Nature Trail” can be enjoyed by our guests, the looped trail takes
you through the woodlands and out to a point at the lakeshore with
spectacular views. It can be either a romantic stroll or a kid’s adventure.
• Bicycles are available for hire
• Clonbur village - 1½ miles – our quaint village has a Centra Supermarket,
3 Pubs, 2 Restaurants, Gift Shop, Post office & RC Church.
• Cong Village - 3½ miles – famous for Ashford Castle & Cong Abbey, there
are Pubs, Restaurants, Cafes, a Craft shop, 2 Art galleries & an Antique
• Galway City - 32 miles
• Westport - 27 Miles
• Knock International Airport - 33 miles
Directions by road:
Driving from North:
From Sligo take the N17 through to Claremorris, from Claremorris take the
R331 to Ballinrobe and the R334 to Neale, and R345 to Cong
Driving from Dublin & East:
Take the M6 route to Galway, and on approaching Galway city take the N84 to
Castlebar / Headford, in Headford take R334 to Cong
Driving from Cork / South
Take the N20 to Limerick and the N18 to Galway City and on approaching
Galway take the N84 for Castlebar /Headford, in Headford take R334 to Cong
On arriving in Cong turn left
at the Spar Shop & Fuel Station beside the river.
Continue straight to Clonbur village, approx 5 kms.
In Clonbur village, keep left after the Centra Supermarket, and continue
until you view the lake.
The lake will now be on you left.
After about 0.5 km you will see a brown directional sign - Dooroy Lodge Self
Catering, turn left here driving down towards the lake.
Turn left again into “Dooroy Lodge” entrance with black gates.